Virginia Real Estate Settlement Attorneys
When you are ready to make your homebuying dreams come true or say goodbye to your current home and move on to a new chapter with a new home, the Virginia real estate settlement attorneys at Randall & Bruch, PC, are here.
What Is A Real Estate Settlement?
After the lengthy process of putting your home up for sale or finally finding the home of your dreams, all parties come together to finalize the sale. For the seller, the settlement means contracts and documents are signed and payment is made. For the buyer, this is an especially exciting time. Buyers put their funds in escrow and get the keys to their new homes. Everyone comes together to sign the closing documents and walks away with what they negotiated. Third parties, like real estate wholesalers, are also paid at closing. A Virginia real estate settlement attorney oversees and ensures that everything goes smoothly.
Settlement attorneys are neutral. They are charged with making sure that all parties are in compliance with Virginia state law. Typically, the buyer chooses the settlement attorney. When you take into consideration that purchasing a home is one of the most significant transactions that you will ever make, it is also a good idea to have a non-neutral attorney looking out for your best interests. At Randall & Bruch, PC, our real estate attorneys in Virginia will have your sole interest in mind at closing.
What Do Real Estate Settlement Attorneys Do?
Real estate settlement lawyers have responsibilities that are essential to all parties involved in the closing of a sale, including:
- Preparing and recording the deed, deed of trust or mortgage
- Ordering title insurance
- Distributing funds accordingly, which can become complicated the more involved third parties there are
- Following the directions given by the real estate contract for sale
- Following the lender’s loan closing instructions
- Paying off the seller’s existing mortgage
- Conducting a title search and clearing the title
- Making sure everything is in compliance with Virginia state law and federal law
Our Real Estate Attorneys Are Here For You
Closing a home is an exciting and nerve-wracking process. If you find yourself overwhelmed with questions, understand that this is typical with any sale. Things to consider might include:
- Will you buy new furniture?
- Will you redecorate?
- Are you downsizing and need to put some things in storage?
- Are you moving into a bigger house and need to fill it with accent pieces?
- Will you need patio furniture?
- What are your landscaping goals? Do you want a garden?
- Will you need to switch schools, or can the children finish out this year?
- Where is the bus stop?
The list of obligations and choices may seem infinite. Just when you want to focus on the necessities of moving, the most important information you need to finalize the transaction will come up. At Randall & Bruch, PC, our dedicated settlement attorneys will help you navigate the closing process so that you can focus on the next chapter in your life. Please contact us online or by calling 757-742-6115.